Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
My Privacy Principles
- I collect only information that is essential to providing optimal service to customers and users. Acquired information is strictly limited to what i need to know in order to provide optimal service levels to my† customers and to fulfill all legal or regulatory requirements.
- I inform users about what data is collected and how it will be used. My customers are fully informed about the general uses i make of collected information and i will provide additional information upon request. I do not sell, lease or license confidential information to outside parties. I provide access to confidential information only to outside parties who are directly related to the delivery and service of my products and services. Information retrieval is fully disclosed to all authorized parties.
- I ensure information quality. I employ advanced technologies, well-defined practices, and a highly trained technical staff to ensure that self-disclosed data is processed properly, accurately and completely. I provide the mechanism for self-disclosed data to be corrected if errors or changes occur. I†do not guarantee the accuracy of third party data we license to use in the SSL Securedô identity seal, but i do facilitate the process of resolving any data discrepancies.
- I use information security safeguards. I use advanced information security technologies and a highly trained technical staff to protect all data assets entrusted to me . I have implemented well-defined data security and data access procedures to further ensure that data is protected from improper access, loss, misuse or destruction.
- We are responsive to requests for explanation about our data use and policies. Our Customer Service Representatives are trained to be responsive to queries about our policies, practices, products and services. Customer Service Representatives are also trained to facilitate the process of resolving any data discrepancies in third party data.
- I comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations wherever SSL does business, based upon the prevailing jurisdictional requirements. As a company with a global reach, SSL is committed to remaining current with the requirements of all local, national and international laws and regulations applicable to my products and services.
- I undergo regularly scheduled audits of my privacy policies and practices to monitor our compliance with my stated policies.